Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Post-Pig Roast Post

This is likely to be very short and...we'll just go with sweet, but probably more like "curt" or "rushed".

It's Wednesday - a good half a week after the marathon Saturday of attending barbecues, the most significant of which was the ol' Hogfest across the street. I was pretty angsty about the Hogfest. I think I mentioned that the other day. It's been a bit of an uncomfortable situation for me the past few years, as I have had to go without a date, and the atmosphere had been growing decreasingly family-friendly. This was in no way the fault of the hosts, but thanks to the influence of a certain former next door neighbor and his illustrious network of "friends" whom he invited along. To someone else's party, mind you. I'm pretty far out of the neighborhood loop these days - by my own design - but I had no idea what to expect this year, given that said next door neighbor no longer lives here, and I had not a clue in what condition he left his relationships with the other neighbors.

As it turns out, there has been some drama of an undetermined nature, and said former neighbor did not show at Hogfest. Nor did much of his network. Some did, But it appeared that these were the ones with some level of maturity.

And? Boyfriend accompanied me. Bonus!

And? Enhanced family-friendly atmosphere meant that the Tornadoes got to swim in the pool until ten o'clock at night. Double bonus!

So all in all, it was a pleasant weekend. And now we are counting down the days until we leave for our trip to Virginia. I have a bit to say about that, but don't really have the time right now as I desperately need to get Fifth Grader out the door to a flute lesson. If she ever gets out of the bathtub, that is.

No comments: