Friday, December 7, 2007

Fun and Games

Have been playing this really fun game with myself all week called Leap Over The Garage Motion Sensors Onto The Icy Driveway In Two Inch Heels.

Calling it LegaMose IceTwinch for short. Kinda catchy, eh?

Remote control bit the dust for some mysterious reason. Changed the battery which accomplished nothing. Played around with the little sensor doohickeys. Nothin'.

So next week will simultaneously play LegaMose IceTwinch and Call Out the Garage Door People. We'll go with COGDiP for that one. That should be a really fun game and also a really long one - kind of like Monopoly without the game pieces - as certainly it will entail some scheduling nightmare like "we'll be there between sunrise and sunset."

LegaMose IceTwinch made me wax nostalgic for other fun games discovered this past year. (December is a time for waxing nostalgic, what with New Year's Eve right around the corner.) Remember, for instance, returning from vacation in July to play Haul Our Dirty Stuff to the Scary Laundromat For The Rest Of The Summer (Hods to Slots) as our washing machine decided to take its own little vaca. That was a blast. Maytag repairman must be a lot freaking busier than that actor guy lets on, because it was nearly impossible to get his tail end out here.

Then we played Wow It's Really Dark In Here (WIRDH, pronounced "word") for a week or so... an inevitable one, instigated by great intentions to install a few dimmer switches. Great intentions thwarted by whack electrical wiring installed during construction of home.

I know it's whack, because I have played Replace All the Stupid Burned Out Light Bulbs (which I simply call the Stupid Light Bulb Game) more times than indicated will be necessary on the light bulb packages.

If any good has come from this, I have learned acceptance. As in, I accept the fact that sooner or later I will not be able to simply wait out the dishwasher that occasionally refuses to turn on, and will have to actually have it looked at. I accept the fact that the dryer is the same age as the washer and will eventually demand its day in the spotlight.

My hope is that LegaMose IceTwinch will not end with a broken ankle, because I haven't finished my shopping, so do not have time to learn any new games. Games are for reindeer. Not people with shopping to finish.

No comments: