Monday, December 31, 2007

Keep Telling Yourself That

New Year's Eve day and yet another four to eight inches of snow falls from the sky.

Other than getting stuck in upward-slanting driveway for solid half hour this morning -pushed up and out, eventually, by very strong neighbor - other than normally-35-minute commute taking 90 minutes, other than daughter's parting words at grandmother's house being "Love you, mom, don't die out there" (she said and then skipped off to play)...

Other than that, the snow is just so damn pretty.

From the warm sanctity of my office, can now watch it fall and appreciate its poetry. Thousands of tiny, drifting haikus. In fact, am inspired to offer end of year haiku myself:

Here I drift along
Crystallized spindles of snow
Watch me dance and spin

I don't really know where that came from..Mind you, no haikus came to mind during the commute. It was truly dreadful. But having arrived in one piece, cannot deny the fact that I love the snow. Must be my inner Yankee.

Of course, now will have to drive home in it as well...didn't quite think that part through...

Happy New Year!

No comments: