Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Apparently Not

Thank you, J.O., for the tip on getting my mailbox replaced.

Sadly, my little bitty town does not abide by such kindly policy - though I did get a return call from "Al" the plow driver, who profusely apologized. Then he blamed it on The Snow. Not the plow. Not the driver. The Snow. The Snow did it, therefore I should ask God for a new mailbox. What's his policy?

Well, I'd hoped that continuing PRESENCE of the mailbox - albeit crumpled on one side and nestled into the snowbank- would suffice for ongoing delivery at least for a few sympathetic days.

Mais non.

On Monday I placed my car payment and Netflix movie in said receptacle. This morning...I fished them back out. They now lie dripping on the floor of my car.

If you were thinking of mailing me something - say, a love letter, or a big check - best to wait a bit. I am apparently in violation of the mail-receiving rules, and will remain so until

a) I figure out how to mount a mailbox
b) I can do so without having to stand in a blizzard or downpour
c) June

Whichever comes first.

1 comment:

sarah said...

But HOW will I send you the yellow sugary Peeps I know you are *so* fond of, if there is no mailbox?!!

This if very bad timing for mailbox issues...