Saturday, May 10, 2008

Because You Want To Know

My name is Tress and it's been five days since my last post...

Sorry, a little lapsed Catholic oozed out there. It happens sometimes. Much like the occasional smattering of French, though I'm not French in the least. Eleven years of study will do that to a person. Some of it sticks.

Now you're asking: Why eleven years? Why not twelve?

Because I didn't get to go to Paris, that's why. Because my eleventh grade class went to Paris without me and didn't even bring me back a croissant. So senior year I rebelled. I dropped French and took pre-calculus instead.

Woah, you're saying. Wild Child.

Yes, I know, as rebellions go that one was pretty pathetic. Most of my rebellions were pathetic and hurt only myself. In this case, I traded in my French A for a Mathematic C-on-the-verge-of-D. And I still haven't been to Paris.

By now I'm sure you are asking: Why is she rambling on about this nonsense?

I don't really have an answer for that. Other than it's the Saturday after a crazy week of working, tornado-chauffering, School-Board-meeting-attending, and lawn humiliation, all of which contain ample posting material, but this is what came out instead, okay?

Jeez.

On the subject of lawn humiliation, though, just to end the suspense - Did she get a new service? Did she seed the "lawn"? Did she pave it all over? - and I only address this again because I am looking out the window right now (because my desk is upstairs and positioned so that I can look out the window and across the street at my neighbor's lawn, which looks like Ireland, instead of straight down at my own, which looks like it's just missing a few old cars up on blocks), just to satisfy curiosity, I will tell you.

I hired someone. I thought about the situation for a few days, and then I called my One Man Landscaping Service and asked him to seed my lawn.

So he said he'd be out in "about a week." Experience tells me that in about a week I'll have to call him again, but hey. Phone calls are my specialty.

No comments: