Monday, June 2, 2008

Hey, I Work Out...

For lunch today, I packed grapefruit slices and pita with hummus, and a bottle of water.

And that's it.

And the reason I packed lunch for a parakeet? Because there's half a bag of Cape Cod potato chips (Robust Russet, with their delectable slightly burnt flavor) and onion dip at home, and I WANT THEM. In fact, it's totally possible that they are tonight's dinner.

Is that bad?

To clarify, they are possibly my dinner. I will feed the tornadoes actual dinner-like food...if you consider Day Two-Hundred-and-Twenty-Thousand of macaroni and cheese, coupled with tomato slices, or possibly peas if they are sufficiently mushy, to be dinner-like. That's for Second Grader, who lately proclaims herself a vegetarian. Which means pretty much only the aforementioned three food items.

Twornado, on the other hand, thinks every night should be Gourmet Night, yet she is not so much with the patience (hmm...) for such a scenario. For her: leftover spaghetti squash, green salad, and the remaining grilled shrimp from last night's kabobs.

For me...chips and dip. And I can't freaking wait.

So I will go ahead and say it for you: might this wayward dietary choice play a role in my gripes of yesterpost? More so, maybe, than alleged pubescent-sized clothing?

To which I say: shut up...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Cape Cod chips but they are so hard to get here - they just fly off the shelves.

And it sounds like a perfectly acceptable dinner to me. Maybe with a glass of pinot grigio?

Unknown said...

Hmmmm....Chips...

This from the man who had two hot dogs and a beer at the Fisher Cats tonight (Sea Dogs losing when I left, 13-5)

But hey, for the NH locals: Steve Blunt and the "Macaroni and Cheese" song about the girl who would only eat that, including into her 80's (Hang On Henry Album, I believe). (This is the same man who put Winnipesaukee into a song, and rhymed with it)
Genius. Super Genius. (Wil. E. Coyote, category).