Wednesday, July 9, 2008

This Is Not How I Pictured It Going

Well, I'm halfway there - "there" being reunited with the Tornadoes - and so I'll ask the question for you: How am I holding up?

You know? It's going by pretty quickly. I always thought they were to blame for the fleeting passage of time, but it seems not to be the case. Time is pretty fleeting all on its own. Especially when you waste it getting reacquainted with an old friend: television.

Not that I've spent all of my free time watching T.V. Come on now. In fact last night I didn't turn it on at all. Of course, that's because I was out drinking Mango Tangaritas and playing bar trivia with the girls instead...

That television, though...how it has beckoned. I have barely read. Barely written. And this from a woman who gave her bedroom T.V. away and crammed her TiVo to capacity with unwatched programs, all in the name of "behavior modeling" and "healthier living." Now, apparently, I am binging.

And what has been my binge of choice? TiVo'd History Channel? The last season of Boston Legal? No no.

The Two Coreys.
Tori Spelling.
Gene Simmons.
Denise Richards.

By the way- Denise Richards? Not that complicated. I was so on her side until now.

Well that's all over with. I am getting back off the junk. I am going away for a long weekend of -well, I don't know, exactly - but it will certainly not involve a television. Or a laptop. When I return there will only be eight days remaining, and they are already booked full of dinners and gatherings. I haven't seen my social calendar this full since the last time I bothered to keep a social calendar.

Before you know it, the Tornadoes will be home, and I'll be back to complaining about how I have no life. Over the din of the television, no doubt.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Halfway there already? But you haven't danced topless on a bar! You haven't made inappropriate comments to scantily clad cabana boys! Get to it!

sarah said...

I can't tear myself away from the trainwreck that is Tori Spelling. Can't bring myself to even watch the trainwreck that is Denise Richards.

I hope your weekend of no TV or laptop is fabulous!! sorry we keep phone-tagging!

Anonymous said...

...and just think, in a few short weeks you will have the option of wasting even more of your fleeting time watching the new version of an old classic...

90210

Ahh, how everything old is new again.

I suppose its better than Becca and I's addiction to reality shows like Idol and So You Think You Can Dance ;-(

Anonymous said...

Hi Tress. Does not take a rocket scientist on this one. I'm with Dingo !

Sincerely,

Paulo