Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Out With A Fizzle?

Well. I seem to have blown it in December.

It's not my fault, really. Not when you consider the major ice storm. The abbreviated holiday season, courtesy of the major ice storm. And oh yeah, there was Christmas. Well there you go, folks: a month's worth of posts summed up in four sentences. Enjoy!

Actually, I tried to encapsulate the experience of the past few weeks in my new "Tween Us Girls" column, possibly in a more articulate and lengthy manner than that. I'd say "hopefully in a more articulate manner", but I'd probably be using the word "hopefully" in an incorrect way and Flurrious would have to virtually kick my ass. So anyway, please. Give it a read. I'm asking nicely, but next year I'm moving on to empty threats.

Let me just lay out the next few days of my itinerary before I go. Tonight we are having a little New Year's Eve gathering at our house. Admittedly, I haven't done a lot of hosting since the Big D - mostly because I typically ended up being the only one uncoupled in a sea of couples, and it felt kind of ooky. I found it much easier to be a guest. Tonight I am coupled and hosting, ringing out my personal era of ookiness. Tomorrow I will be recovering from re-entry.

Friday is Third Grader's birthday, and to celebrate we are doing absolutely nothing. Actually, we are baking and decorating three dozen cupcakes for the Team Gymnastics Sleepover that night at the gym. Then I am dropping them off - Tornadoes and cupcakes - and going home to rest up for Saturday: Third Grader's birthday party. So I will probably have some things to write about. Hopefully. Can "hopefully" be its own sentence? I wonder.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you have blown it in December. But I'm forgiving. Send some cupcakes and we're good.

Poppy B. said...

Hey, on Grey's Anatomy "Seriously" is a sentence, a catchphrase, the subtitle to the DVDs ... it gets seriously overused.

So you just knock out your own bad self with the hopefullys.

Re: the storm--we missed that disaster by a hair. My sister down the road lost power for several days and her pipes froze. What a mess. All we did was have a chunk of tree decide to fall down, block our driveway, and knock over the fugly plastic lamp that "adorned" our front walk. We lucked out.

Enjoy your New Year's party!

Anonymous said...

It won't be so bad. I can't hit very hard.

Happy New Year!