Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Thirty Six. Again.

In the spirit of re-embracing my blog - and showing my appreciation that you still take the time to come by here to see if I'm still alive and posting - I want to thank Dingo for her most excellent office decorating tip. And also? A perfect birthday gift idea.

One cabana boy, please.

Oh, I'm just kidding. No cabana boy could possibly replace Boyfriend. Although I wouldn't hate being somewhere tropical and sunny with Boyfriend for my birthday - but that's not going to happen, since I just started this new job, oh, three days ago. And since my stupid birthday is tomorrow.

Remember how much fun birthdays used to be? So exciting, so full of promise. In short: worth celebrating. Now? I'd just as soon forget the whole thing.

So last year at this time, I reflected on the condition of my life and on the years that had passed so far. And of those years, 36 was about as good as any before it. Certainly better than many, that's for sure. So I have decided to stay at 36. And I'm a bit tuckered out from getting acclimated to the new workplace, so not a lot of energy left for reflecting this year. Let's just be done with it. Deal?

Deal.

2 comments:

Dingo said...

Deal.

flurrious said...

Happy birthday! Pretend I left this comment ten days ago!