Thursday, January 31, 2008

122,324

The number of miles on my former deathtrap at the time of our farewell...

Picked up my new vehicle about a week ago. Have been recovering from the shock while trying to comprehend my joy ever since.

I'm not a "car person". I just need to get places. Having entered the chauffering years of my life, reliable transportation is of some importance.

Alas, I have now acquired a vehicle that not only fits this bill but also promises multiple fine forms of entertainment while en route. Many, many internal toys. We're talking major technology here.

Do you sense the irony?

Seems sinful for so much modern wizardry to be allowed within my reach. I'm sure to break something.

For now, I am actually enjoying it. In a Charlie Brown, I-don't-deserve-this kind of way.

I approach this with my standard suspicion of machinery, of course...