Monday, January 14, 2008

Is That Me Screaming?

I mentioned last night that it was going to snow again. It is.

As a result, we are homebound. The three of us. All day.

I am in so much pain. You can't even imagine.

I'll paint you a little picture: two young ladies in pajamas - the same pajamas they have been in since Friday night - each with earbuds jammed into their ears, bodies lolling at odd angles across the sofa. Occasionally one of them spontaneously, yet deliberately, descends, - headfirst of course - flips over to the floor and scrambles back to the sofa.

All the while they sing. Both of them. Loudly and to different songs. Beneath that noise and from across the room I can also hear tinny strains of what they are singing leaking out of their earbuds.

I have lost count of how many times I have flapped my arms to indicate that they should TURN IT DOWN. When I flap, they turn down the music (but not their singing) for about thirty seconds.

They flip. They sing. They flip. They turn up the volume. I flap. They flip and then turn down the volume. They sing.

How much longer is winter? Why was I looking forward to this? Some vague mumbo jumbo about peace, restoration, beauty.

That sounds a lot like a spa package. I forget what it has to do with winter.

1 comment:

sarah said...

the word "earbuds" gives me the creeps.