Monday, August 11, 2008

Mmmm, stuffing...

I'm supposed to be running right now - even got up and got dressed for it - but a brief detour to the Internet, to find out just how far away the LL Bean store in Maine actually is from here, has melted away a half hour of my life already. Yet again.

And now I am watching the turkeys.

There is a family of wild turkeys living in my woods. They visit often, usually early in the morning. When I say "family," I'm talking Mom and Dad plus twelve babies. Twelve! Mom and Dad turkey are highly protective - and rightfully so, given their food group placement - and have managed to keep all twelve alive and together since springtime. Nice work, Mom and Dad turkey. The babies are even kind of cute. In a plumping-up-nicely kind of way.

Oh come on now, I'm just kidding.

Speaking of stuffing, though...time to get running!

No comments: