Saturday, August 16, 2008

Oh THAT'S Where I Left My "Kick Me" Sign

Message I left for Man With The Wood on Thursday night:

"Yes, hello, this is Tress. It's about seven o'clock on Thursday night and I have just come home from work to find that - yet again - my firewood delivery has not been made. I don't mean to be rude, but I've spoken to you three times since Sunday and each time you have said my delivery would be here the next day.

I was just wondering if there is some problem you'd like to tell me about. If there is - you know, if something is going to keep you from being able to make my delivery - I'd appreciate it if you'd just tell me. That way I can make other arrangements. Because, you know, I actually do need to get wood this year. Thank you."

Message I received back from Man With The Wood on Friday:

"Hi, this is Man With The Wood calling you back. I am so sorry. We just got back from vacation, and things have been a little backed up around here...I had some help, you know, making deliveries, but he's been really busy, too. I don't know if you realize this, but delivering wood is just PART TIME for me...you know, I have a REAL job, too...anyway, I will get that delivery out to you myself, it will be there TONIGHT."

Please note that the time is 7:40 pm on Saturday. I still have no wood.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow... a REAL JOB? Did the wood person state that when they advertised wood? "Selling wood by the cord but you may have to wait for delivery because I have vacations planned and a REAL JOB, Deal wth it".

sarah said...

unreal. I'd call The Man With The Wood and the Real Job back and tell him I hope the Real Job pays the bills, because you won't be giving him any $$ for the wood.

Anonymous said...

Hate to break it to you but MOST cord-wood delivery men have real jobs too. It's a seasonal thing. Sorry. My (former) cordwood guy also had a day job as a mason but I was always impressed by his prompt deliveries. If he was still alive, I would have send him your way.

Anonymous said...

uh, that would be "sent" not send.

Tress said...

...Uh, yeah. I wasn't figuring that he lugged wood around all day. I just meant I ALSO have a real job, and it isn't calling the wood guy every day! Wouldn't have been an issue if he didn't keep promising "tomorrow". For days and days. In the land of REAL jobs, tomorrow means tomorrow, you know?