Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Redemption

I didn't sleep so well last night. Partly because I had a lot on my mind. And partly because the Problem Child was completely freaking out.

The Problem Child, please recall, is the cat. The cat who attacks perfectly nice veterinarians. And snuggles up to mice. Instead of killing them, as she was hired to do. She prefers, instead, to sleep all day and then curl up into a snooze ball at my feet all night. Needless to say, she is on written warning.

I really thought I was going to have to let her go last night. I spent a good half hour listening to her repeatedly dash across the tile floor downstairs and slam into the cupboard. Her future was not looking bright, let me tell you.

Until this morning, when I awoke to find her blissfully stretched out on the floor. Eating a mouse. Her paws held down the bottom end while she crunched away, and she left not a morsel behind.

So, so gross...and yet I approve. Warning withdrawn.

2 comments:

sarah said...

ew.

but good for kitty. earning her keep, and all.

Anonymous said...

Let's hope that catching the mouse does not bode ill for the vet the next time she goes for a visit. Her killer instincts are being honed as we speak.