Monday, April 7, 2008

Absence Makes the Reader Grow Fonder??

Hello, whomever may be wandering by...

Here's the deal: Sometime around, let's call it "Easter-ish", my laptop officially died. Died is probably not the right word - terminally malfunctioned is more like it. After a certain point, it would produce only this very bright blue screen containing a lot of rather unfriendly-looking and indecipherable error messages. I believe a certain ten-year-old may have wandered into questionable online territory in search of games to play...

You're aware of how much I like to play games. They typically end well for me, don't they?

Anyway...I had no idea I was so dependent on my Internet access until it was gone.

Sadly, though I made a half-hearted effort to look for a replacement this past weekend, I am probably a week or so away from this happening. For one thing, I have never bought a computer for myself, and am therefore deeply skeptical of being had. Add this venture to my master list of Post-Divorce Learning Experiences (...Puddle? Piddly?)

For another thing, and really more maddening to me at this moment, I cannot manage to throw myself into the unfamiliar waters of buying laptops BECAUSE I am still trapped in Jury Land. Ah, Jury Land...it goes on and on and on...

If anyone is still out there, checking up on Aficionada for signs of life, I can only offer this: sometime in the foreseeable future, I will be back. Really, I will! Please check in and see, okay?

Okay?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tress, your blog is being checked for signs of life ! Not to worry. As for the laptop, do you break the habit? Or are you now co-dependant for that e-world fix?

remember, the first step is to admit you have a problem (said the pot to the pan).

Cheers - Jim

sarah said...

Hey there!! Yay! I love when you write something! :-)