Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Love Your Sweater, Is It Beagle?

So I'm driving to work this morning - perhaps a bit too close to the car ahead of me, but that's why God invented bumper stickers - when I find myself behind one of those Soccer Mom Quasi-SUV things. You know what I mean. It's really a minivan (hello, seats many) but squared off in the corners, so maybe the outside world will believe it's crammed full of mountain bikes or kayaks instead of gooey children.

The rear window of this monstrosity is covered with a decal that says:

Hair of the Dog

OK, so this is not the mom you elect as designated driver for the pizza parties, right?

Oh wait, maybe it's a business name. Now I'm interested. Maybe they deliver...what does this small print below say...

Designer Yarn Hand Spun

wait for it...

From Your Beloved Pet

...OK, all together now: Ewwww!

Yarn
from your dog? This is what we're doing now? To make what, pray tell?

I am so checking all my labels when I get home tonight...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinkin of gettin me some of those Pit Bull gloves in case I find myself under attack in a badass neighborhood. Any have Michael Vick's cell # ?

sarah said...

ew.

Anonymous said...

Oh, wait, you mean I'm supposed to wear my dog and cat hair only after it's been carefully knit together? I've been using the snowball approach -- sit on the couch, pick up some hair; sit on the chair, pick up a little more; lie on the bed, voila, the dog/cat hair outfit is complete!

Poppy B. said...

Yesterday I heard that Martha Stewart is having the fur from Paw Paw, her beloved dead Chow Chow, made into a pillow.

Hair of the dog?

It's a Good Thing.