Wednesday, April 23, 2008

White Chick Walking

Taking a little vaca tomorrow. Heading to South Beach, Florida for a few days of regrouping. Go ahead and hate me for a minute...

OK, that's enough.

I've known about this trip for a month and, having known about it, fully intended to fake-bake beforehand. About the only thing fake-baking accomplishes for me is that I then show up in photographs, whereas without it I'm basically an apparition. I'm not kidding. If you stand next to me in direct sunlight, the camera will capture you and an outline of someone who might be me, if you look really hard.

I did not get to fake-bake, however. Plus, I seem to have accumulated a lot of white clothes since I started building a wardrobe beyond suits for work/ripped jeans and t-shirts for home. The "I am all done with baby goo" shopping phase, you might say.

So it looks like I will be down in South Beach blending right in with the super-beautiful. Or more likely blinding them. Never mind, it's still a getaway.

3 comments:

sarah said...

So jealous. And I happen to know for a fact that you ARE one of the beautiful people, so shut it!

And have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Can not wait to read about your trip. I hear it can be a magical place. will you be posting any pics ? Gotta go now... CSI Miami is on.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the trip! You guys deserve the honors.